Making sure your Web site can be found
A great e-commerce Web presence is no use if your customers cannot easily find it amongst the millions of other sites now available on the Internet.
Central to the success of an e-commerce site is Search Engine Optimisation or SEO. This is the process of increasing the number of visitors to a Web site by achieving a high ranking in the search results of a search engine such as Google or Bing.
This can be a complex and time-consuming task, but fortunately salesonrails takes care of all this for you.
Search Engine Optimisation
Every salesonrails site is born highly optimised to attract search engine attention. From the way the URLs are written, to ensuring page titles and meta data are used correctly on the site, salesonrails works hard to ensure your site is technically optimised to the maximum.
Our core team has a strong focus on search engine optimisation and we have our finger on the pulse of the latest search engine developments. We constantly review and refine the salesonrails solution to ensure it is at the bleeding edge of optimal performance for search engines.
Ensuring maximum visibility for your Web sites
Every salesonrails Web site is automatically optimised to attract search engine attention and gain higher rankings. This includes:
- Making all the pages easy for search engines to index
- Automatic submission of product data to search engines providing greater visibility and higher listings
- Automatic site map generation - the site map has links to every single page on the site in one place. This enables search engines to quickly and efficiently index all of your pages and tells them which content has changed since they last visited. As your site is updated, your sitemap.xml file is updated to enable search engines to more efficiently index updates to your site. You can read more about the sitemaps protocol here.
- Ability to add gateway pages to sites - you can write a page of content but have a different layout than the rest of the site which makes an ideal landing page for marketing initiatives.
- Intelligent redirects - if you change a URL the system automatically directs traffic to the new URL
- On-page optimisation - from the way the URLs are written to ensuring page titles and meta data are used correctly
In addition, if you use our blogging and news engines, you'll benefit from our news sitemap service which will promote your content into Google News, you can find out more about the news sitemap here.
salesonrails is built using and constantly adopting best practices to optimise your site so that it is discovered and regularly indexed by search engines. No other e-commerce solution goes as far as salesonrails to ensure your sites are visible to search engines, and give you the competitive edge.
As well as all this, we also offer additional services to help you develop and track both one-way and reciprocal links for partner sites.